Electronic Water Testers

Russ

I'm curious if an electronic water tester is worth spending the money on. There are two I'm looking at, one is the Aquavizor (lesliepool.com) and the other is Aquachek Trutest (lesliepool.com). I haven't been succesful in finding any reviews on the web about either of these.

Does anyone have any experience with either one of these electronic water testers?

• 2 months later...

Don't know but I'll let you know about an electronic Ph tester I got. It's pretty accurate and automaticly compensates for temperature. I'm not sure if temperature affects only electronic tester or all testing methods. It was great when I first got it but got old quick. First, in order for it to stay accurate you have to constantly calibrate it with buffers that are pretty expensive. Mine has to be calibrated with three different buffers. One buffer at 4 Ph, the other at 7 Ph and the other at 10 Ph. Along with this, the sensor on the tester itself can not be allowed to dry.......and you can't leave it in water. LOL, yeah well, that explaination didn't offer that much help. I leave a piece of cloth in the cap in hopes that moisture in the air will help. Those sensor tips are almost as expensive as the tester itself and they only last a year or two if you take great care of them.

Now this is just with a Ph meter. There may be other systems out there that are a great improvement to what I have. Once calibrated though, this thing will measure Ph with a resolution of .2 which is great for pool needs.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Electronic testing is a complete waste of time for backyard users as most probe tips as designed for prolonged use after calibration. Read in a laboratory testing other things than your pool water. Most backyard users will get the best results using drop tests and buying small amounts so that the reagents stay fresh. Yes that will increase the cost of reagent bit is accurate and a lot less hassle than than drying out your probe tip for the ?? time. + a little saline water from the drugstore works great in the tip keeping them working a little longer, if you go that way.