New Hot Spring spa owner

sd.rasmussen65

Hello all.  I just acquired a used Hot Spring Sovereign I spa, and am trying to learn about it, and get it ready for assessment to see what may need to be done to it to get it in running order.  My question at the moment is regarding power. This spa is apparently capable of using 110 or 220 volt power. Currently, it has a 110 AC plug with 20 amp prongs on it.  Other than the fact that I know that 220 supplies twice the power, are there advantages/disadvantages to using one over the other, disregarding the actual cost of the breakers as a factor?  In other words, what if anything do I "lose" if I use the 110 power connection?  Thanks in advance.

You will lose ability to concurrently run heater and jet pump. I also recently acquired a Hot Spring and went the 120v route. Takes longer to heat up after a fill but once at set point, I haven't had any issues losing temp during a soak. That said, I live in a mild climate which certainly helps. 

• 2 weeks later...