Buying Spas From Distant Dealers And Salt Water Issues

Syd Barrett

I live in Eastern Suffolk Long Island (New York) where dealers assume everyone is rich and choices among spa brands are few and far between.

Arctic spas seem awfully cool but the nearest dealer is over 40 miles away according to their website, probably a lot further.

Is it foolish to buy from a distant dealer and rely on locals for repair/service jobs?

Question 2: We live on a salt water bay and the cedar slats on our Nordic Spa all fell off after five years (glue failure) and the spa mechanicals (mother board, blower etc.) are in bad shape from corrosion.

Is there a spa designed for these conditions (and the cold) that might rise above the pack? Also, many of my plastic jets shattered, will stainless jets fare better?

Lastly, we have an LA Spa dealer only 30 miles away - anyone done time with with an LA Spa who's still feeling the love?

I live in Eastern Suffolk Long Island (New York) where dealers assume everyone is rich and choices among spa brands are few and far between.

You mean not everybodys rich on Long Island? I thought it was mandatory to be able to live there. You may be able to find a distant dealer to sell you a spa, (I would'nt) but then you are probably going to have to pick it up and find someone who will service it for you.

The dealer we bought our (Arctic) spa from is 38 miles away from our house. I chose the Arctic over HotSpring, Dimension1, Jacuzzi and some others that are sold by dealers less than 20 miles away.

We bought our hot tub from a dealer that is almost a two hour drive away. They brought the tub out, and set it up. They will also handle the service. There will be a $75.00 service charge to come out for repairs, but we are ok with that.

I wonder how long the $75 fee will be ok with the dealer with gas prices as they are, I would charge you $300 for a 2 hour travel at least, thats a 4 hour journey plus labour time, say an hour, thats 5 hours. Plus your dealer is cutting in on someone elses territory.

I wonder how long the $75 fee will be ok with the dealer with gas prices as they are, I would charge you $300 for a 2 hour travel at least, thats a 4 hour journey plus labour time, say an hour, thats 5 hours. Plus your dealer is cutting in on someone elses territory.

*LOL* From your reply it sounds like you just might be a hot tub dealer. Wow, I sure am glad I didn't buy from you! :D

• 10 months later...

I live in Glens cove NY and i bout my spa from Northernspas.com

and they have great prices and i didnt have to pay sales tax

they have a show room in CT and they let me try the spa before i bought it wich was great they even deliverd the spa to my back yard for free and i paid thousands less and got what i think is one of the best spas on the market.

As to the jets shattering:

Stainless steel is still installed on plastic. It is for looks only, does nothing for strength. I would look into what caused your jets to go south-

The number one cause is Baqua, or using tablet chlorine. Did you do either of those?

B)