Aqua Finesse confussion and folliculitis with used hot tub

ctroxtell

Hello, me and my wife picked up a new-to-us hot tub. I fixed it up, flushed it out with Ahh-some and refilled it twice more...found a leaking jet on the second fill. I purchased Aqua Finesse Dichlor (Powder) in hopes of keeping the water in excellent condition for my wife. I adjusted the water to CH-180, P.H.-7.5, TA-80, FC-2, TC-4 then added 8oz of the Aqua Finesse liquid and a tsp of the dichlor granules. Then our two children and us got in the hot tub to test it out.

EDIT: I just noticed Ahh-some states adequate sanitizer must be present during treatment, so I'm not sure if that has anything to factor into it as it was just water.

The instructions say that after each use all you need to do is add half a tsp of the dichlor granules with the jets running till the following week at which point you add more liquid Aqua Finesse. Now both me and my wife have folliculitis, I noticed either on the 5th or 6th day when my wife went to get in the water did not smell of any chlorine, it smelled more "funky" but was puzzled since I'd been following the instructions adding a half tsp after we had finished our soak. On day three I woke up and noticed my left breast was swollen and sore and now my right breast has done the same. So I'm just trying to get some clarification on this whole setup because reading through Nitro's post he talks about the hot tub needing so many ppm of FC in order to sanitize and keep everything in order depending on the number of people and length of time they spend in the tub. None of which is talked about on the Aqua Finesse instructions. So if anyone is able to point me in the right direction as I try to get my head wrapped about the new world of hot tub chemical balancing I would greatly appreciate it.