Hotsprings hotspot relay?

Hi all,

New to spas, we are looking at a hotsprings hotspot relay model.  Anyone have any thoughts on the brand or model?  We are looking for a spa to relax and have a glass of wine, maybe have a couple friends join us.  Not too interested in bells and whistles and massage jets.  I've read various things about Hotsprings that are both good and bad.  The bad being that since the parts are proprietary they are more expensive.  Read reviews of people that love them and others that have had many problems 3-4 years in (after the 2 year warranty).  The dealer we are working with sells hotsprings, bullfrog, sundance, and freeflow, and the hotsprings is right in our price point and they look nice.  

Can anyone help guide me?

Thanks!

I sell Hot Spring, just so you know.

Overall, I think you will find Hot Spring to be condsidered one of the best, if not the best brand in the industry.  They have a reputation for quality and standing behind their product.  With that being said, they are not immune to having occasional problems too.

I view the Hot Spot collection as being a basic, no frills hot tub.  It is in my opinion well constructed, energy efficient and in my experience, reliable.  With any hot tub though, a good reputable dealer is crucial and can make or break the experience.

How much are they asking and what is included in the price?  Since that dealer also carries Bullfrog and Sundance, might as well look at the X series and 680 series.  Both are also quality manufacturers.

Thanks for your response! They have a “fair special” going on right now, as the summer county fairs are in season so they are saying it’s the same price for similar models that the fair have. $5799 includes cover, cover lifter, steps, chemicals, pre site inspection and installation. Option to upgrade to a higher end cover lifter for $199, which is supposed to be easier to lift than the one it comes with. Does that seem like a good deal? Is the upgraded cover lifter worth it? Anything else I should ask for? I already asked if the price was negotiable but he said no as it is already a reduced price and is a good deal. Thanks! 

That's a really good price.  I'm guessing the included cover lift is the Lift N Glide.  Nothing wrong with the lift, I sell quite a few of them.  The upgraded lift would be the Cover Cradle 2.  From a cost standpoint, the $199 is fair based on the cost difference.  I personally like the Cover Cradle better.  I'm sure your dealer has both available to try on their showroom.  Only you can determine if the upgrade is worthwhile to you.