Hot Springs Music Amp Water Damage - Properly Mounted?

RobbR

I have a 2014 Hot Springs NXT Grandee that I purchased with the wireless music system.  Recently, the music system stopped working.  I had the dealer come out and they determined that the amplifier unit was no longer receiving power and is no longer covered under warranty.  I decided to investigate myself and discovered that water had entered the amplifier housing through a status LED causing it to corrode and burn out.

When I removed the front spa cover, I noticed that the amplifier unit and subwoofer were both simply lying on the spa cabinet floor, along with the unused mounting hardware.  I assumed that the damage would not have occurred if the unit had been properly mounted and brought this to the dealer's attention.  My dealer's response was that the new NXT cabinets don't provide mounting points for these items and that placing them on the cabinet floor is considered proper installation per the manufacturer.  I did notice an empty mounting bracket at the top of the tub, identical to the one used to secure the spa main controller.  I would assume this would be used to secure accessories such as the amp.

I'm hoping that someone here is able to confirm whether or not the amplifier unit is supposed to be mounted or simply placed on the floor.  I've searched the Internet and haven't been able to locate any images or installation manuals.

Thanks for reading!

Robb

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5141-2.jpg

Subwoofer is usually mounted horizontally on the floor.  The Bluetooth device I usually screw or zip tie to a vertical piece of frame, wherever I can fit it.  I’m not at work right now and don’t have install instructions with me, but I don’t recall a specific placement for the Bluetooth device.  There is usually a placement location for the subwoofer.