Hot springs vs Master Spa?

urban

I'm looking for a new tub and have a couple of local dealers that I've checked out. I have a Hot Springs and a Master Spa that fit my needs. The Hot Springs is about $1000 more but on the surface they both look similar.  Anyone have an opinion on which would be the better choice?  I'm willing to pay more if it means that I'm going to have the more reliable product. If it helps, it's b/w the Master Spa Clarity or the Hot Springs Pulse. 

Hot Springs has a lot key features that distinguish it as one of the better brands of tubs. Unfortunately the Limelight series doesn't incorporate most of them. The construction is quality, but it's a fairly simple unit with fairly simple components that can be found on most mid tier tubs.

That being said, the only time Master belongs in the same sentence as Hot Springs is when some poor soul says, "Man, I should have spent that extra $1000 on the Hot Springs as opposed to buying that Master Spa". If you search for independent reviews you will quickly learn why. 

Make sure you're dealing with a reputable dealer but if these are your only 2 options I'd buy the Pulse without hesitation. Good Luck.

Thanks!  I'm sure if I kept looking around the metro I could find other brands but these are the closest two dealers to me. Sounds like Hot Springs has a much better reputation based on what you tell me and what I did find in other searches. Do you have a brand that you feel is a better buy/bargain? Or is the Hot Springs good enough to not spend a bunch of time driving all over looking.  The price range of most tubs is close enough that it doesn't matter much.  We're looking for something simple but good quality. My wife doesn't like the jets and we're mostly just relaxing in it so that takes out the need to pay for all the fancy jets etc. that the really expensive ones come with. I just want something that has 5-7 seats and no lounger that is dependable. Trying to stay around the 5-8k price range but will pay the higher end for quality.