Need advice on spa options...(prices attached)

radelow

Hi everyone.  My wife and I are new to hot tubs and are looking to buy one.  We have pretty simple requirements:

1.  Seat four comfortably
2.  Be from a local dealer (aka no online)
3.  No lounger
4.  Less than 8'x8'

We live in San Diego so extreme weather temps are not a real issue.  I see us using it around twice a week average over the year (more at certain times).  I have been doing a bit of research and have visited a few stores and we have narrowed it down to the following options...

1.  Sundance 780 Chelsee - $8999 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, silk balance, backyard installation are all included)

2.  HotSpring Pulse - $7999 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, chemical starter pack, backyard installation are all included)

3.  HotSpring Vanguard - $9799 + tax (steps, locking cover, cover lift, chemical starter pack, backyard installation are all included)

Not sure if any of the prices above are good deals so curious to get some feedback.  Also there are a couple more brands we can buy locally that I have not looked at but curious if I should including:
-CalSpa
-Caldera

Any helpful input would be certainly appreciated!  They all seem like nice spas that use slightly different setups (aka ozone for HotSprings versus UV for Sundance).  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I probably prefer the SD's filtration system. Replacing the UV bulb will run you $75/yr compared to the $100/5 yrs to replace a CD ozone unit. It's all a wash when you account for the shorter lifespan of pillows and covers due to CD ozone deterioration. So feel free to pick either side, they both have their merits. 

Regardless of brand preference, you're not fitting 4 adults comfortably in the Vanguard unless you're counting the step/cooldown seat and I'm not a fan of the Moto Massage. 

So I'd boil it down to my trust in the dealer and whether or not I think the better jetting (bigger jets, more action) and filtration on the Chelsee is worth $1000 over the Pulse. I'd say yes to the latter, but again, I'm partial to SD in this particular debate.

That being said, Sundance and Hot Springs are the upper echelon of tubs because of the quality of everything they use. They're both very easy to own and efficient to run. You really can't go wrong with any of those three options. Calspas are good tubs but are a little more about the bells and whistles than overall craftsmanship. I could take or leave Caldera. 

Pricing seems right for California.

Good luck to you.