Possible 73223 IQ2020 board defective

Hello guys. Would love to get some feedback on this. I have a 2005 Vista with a new front control and now a flashing power light. It starts up when powered up, temp comes on, no working buttons at all, then 10 seconds later, the power light comes on, then the panel goes blank until i recycle the GFI's. What concerns me is that when this happens, the pump runs and i have good flow, i also have 12.5 k @ 68 degrees on both thermistors which should be good but my LIM light goes off when the panel goes off, then my Control unplugged light comes on and stay on. I verified the installation of the new panel with the red line on the ribbon toward the top of the panel per instructions.

I am getting ready to swing for a new IQ2020 board.  I'm i making the right mover here ??

thanks guys

Johnny confused

Before you pull the trigger on a new IQ2020 board you'll want to eliminate a few other components as the potential cause for the communication problems between your controller and board. Please power down the spa and disconnect the spa light connections and any music/entertainment devices from the I2C interface location on the IQ 2020 board. When you power the spa back up you should be able see if the problem has gone away,If so, you'll want to power down, then reconnect the components one at a time to determine which part is at fault. If it did not go away then I'd go with your original plan to replace the IQ board.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I did attempt to re-power up without the spa light and i also tried disconnecting the auxiliary control panel with no luck. Based on my testing and your suggestions, i think i am ready to replace the board.  I will inspect the heater board at the same time to see if its is burnt and if so, replace both.

Thanks again for the feedback

• 2 weeks later...

hello Guys

just as a follow up, i ended up buying a Iq 2020 Control Box 77271 complete from Amazon which came from Hottubspasupplies for $527.04.  The complete kit includes the control board, heater board, both thermistors and orings pretty much all assemble in the black case. Easy to install but you have to pay attention to your jumpers on the original. The new board has 12V relays and my older board was set up for 18 Volts, otherwise the Jacuzzi is perfect. The instructions that came with the box are very good and easy to follow.

thank you