GFCI breaker blowing during winter

DaveA

I've had my Viking Legacy 2 hot tub since May of 2016.  We hooked up 50 amp power to it.  The tub had been working like a champ since it was hooked up in May.  Never blew a breaker.  I went in it the first time last Wednesday.  Temps were in the 20's.  Both pumps were running and it was heating fine.  After being in it for about 20 minutes, suddenly everything turned off.  The gfci circuit on the spa disconnect blew.  An electrician came the next day.  He installed another brand new (EATON) 50 amp breaker.  Sunday I got in it again.  Temps were in the teens.  After being in it for about 20 minutes, it once again blew the breaker.  It immediately tripped upon turning it on.  NO POWER.  Then, as I did a little more research.  I found in the manual that it requires a 60 amp power.  My question is, can I run this thing on a 50, or what is going on with it that it is only tripping during the winter months?  I am trying to avoid having to rip out and rewire the entire tub during the cold winter months.