Caldera Geneva Utopia 2005 Auxiliary control

Dmtaxter

I recently acquired a 2005 Caldera Geneva Utopia spa from a friend who didn't want it when she purchased her new home.  It appears the previous owners tried to replace the Auxiliary Control panel (the one opposite the main panel that has a long cord with a telephone jack on the end) and when they cut the old cord they lost the cord somewhere inside the hot tub instead of connecting it to the new cord and carefully feeding it through.  I have no idea where the cord is.  Is there a way to feed the new cord through on the new auxiliary panel?  I'm sure this has happened to others. Does this long cord go through a tube or just feeds through the hot tub?  Do I need to remove the panels and cut through the brown paper underneath?  Thanks for any help.

A 2005 Geneva should have flexible conduit for that cord running from the equipment area to the auxiliary control panel. You should be able push a fishtape through the conduit to pull your cord end back through to the equipment compartment so it can be connected in the control box.

Thank you.  Some of the insulation was removed from under the Aux control panel and it looked like that was the feed hole going down through the insulation, however, on the left side I see a white conduit type tube.  I assume this is the tube I use?  I didn't want to go sticking anything down there without knowing for sure.  I called a Caldera dealer and she had no idea and told me if I remove the side panels and cut the paper I should see the old cord because it just hangs underneath.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much we were able to run the cord through with a feeder tool and it is working perfectly.  Wondering if I could ask one more question?  This tub has a basket sitting above the filter with a floating weir.  The tabs on the old floating weir were broken so I purchased another from Caldera.  I have read the owner's manual and for the life of me I cannot figure out how this fits into the basket.  Do the 2 tabs on either side click into anything.  When I set it in the basket and the tub jets are on the weir seems to flip all over the place and keeps knocking against the white tube on the top that powers the waterfall feature.  I don't understand it's purpose.  Also, should the water level be high enough to be skimming over the weir?  I have found nothing on the internet.  Thanks