Hotspot Mallorca - I Think I Have A Slow Leak...

lurky

Hi

I didn't use my HT for a week and a half, when I walked by I heard a weird noise, took the cover off and the water had dropped below the level of the top most jets and they were spraying into the air.

I changed the water and performed maintenance this weekend, the motor cabinet was dry.

I did not notice water pooled around the base anywhere, but it would be hard to spot since it sits on gravel.

My cover doesn't fit that well anymore, I'm wondering if that much could have evaporated, but Ive never noticed that much evaporation before.

Anyway, my real question, my tub is maybe 8 years old, if there is a slow leak and its not in the motor cabinet, are there any places I should be checking? Any typical joints where a leak develops on older hotspots?

Are there standard ways to test? Im thinking about shoving cardboard underneath and see if it gets wet.

Thanks

If the equipment compartment looks dry, and you still suspect a leak, you'll want check the interior insulated areas of the spa you don't usually see. To do this, I recommend removing the side panels and visually check for wet insulation. You can also probe the insulation with a wooden dowel to see if there is evidence of a leak further in the insulation when the outer insulation is dry. If the dowel comes out dry after probing you may want to check the other sides the same way. If you do confirm an in foam leak you can add dye to the water that will stain the insulation around the source of the leak. This should narrow down your search and repair area. Unfortunately there is not one common leaky area I'm aware of to concentrate your search on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for responding. I checked around under the tub and found the area of the leak, I removed the panel from that side and found that the leak is actually coming form the pump itself.

Are there any likely culprits here for an 8-9 year old tub? A faulty washer, or seal or joint?

Thanks!