Replacement Pump Help

Have an older hot tub. Hooked it up and the motor is seized, so want to replace it. The center connection leads to the filter housing, and the side connection leads through the heater to jets. However, when I pulled the pump, the impeller says "center discharge" on it. Am I reading that correctly, that it will pump water into the bottom of the filter housing? Seems like the replacement pump should draw in water from the filter housing through the center fitting, and discharge out the side fitting to the heater and jets.

Want to order a new pump, but don't want to get something that won't work correctly (so do I order side discharge, or center discharge)?

Older hydro-spa unit with a two speed 230v pump, MagneTek Century Lasar Pool/Spa Motor 1081/1563 Pump Duty.

HP 2.0 - .25 SPL

AMPS 8.0/2.6

Help! Thanks, Chris

Center and side may both be rotated. Center discharge just means the pressure side is, well, centered. Side discharge is off-set. Both flow in the same direction. If you want it to fit exactly like the original, replace it with the same. If there's a little wiggle room, it likely won't matter. But it's always a good idea to go with the same, just in case.