Jacuzzi 480 Jbl Stereo

Headnsouth

What has been other members experience with these stereos? We love ours but they are far from reliable. Our first one died under warranty, #2 died shortly after our warranty expired and now #3 is not functioning properly. :(

Inside the cabinet is dry and our HT is under our deck so it doesn't get that wet.

• 2 months later...

I have owned my J-480 since Sept of 2009, purchased it new with the stereo. Our stereo starting acting up just outside the warranty. The buttons on the stereo some how started operating different functions on the stereo, the power button still worked as advertised and the volume button did as well. Luckily the remote worked correctly. The power supply stopped working several years ago and I replaced it for under $200. I believe the power supply has stopped working again since the stereo is not receiving any power. I have also had to replace two JBL stereo speakers. Knowing what I know now I will not purchase a stereo when I go to replace the spa in the future. I live in San Diego county and the weather is not harsh and the J-480 has an overhead cover protecting it from the sun and limited rain.

I have owned my J-480 since Sept of 2009, purchased it new with the stereo. Our stereo starting acting up just outside the warranty. The buttons on the stereo some how started operating different functions on the stereo, the power button still worked as advertised and the volume button did as well. Luckily the remote worked correctly. The power supply stopped working several years ago and I replaced it for under $200. I believe the power supply has stopped working again since the stereo is not receiving any power. I have also had to replace two JBL stereo speakers. Knowing what I know now I will not purchase a stereo when I go to replace the spa in the future. I live in San Diego county and the weather is not harsh and the J-480 has an overhead cover protecting it from the sun and limited rain.

We got ours around the same time. When I replace it it will be with a marine stereo. Just an FYI I got my refurbished stereos from

https://www.prospecelectronics.com/index.php

they no longer carry the JBL model. :( My replacement might be an Infinity INF-PRV350. It will take some faceplate modification to install but I think it'll work fine. Unfortunately no remote except for using my phones bluetooth.