K-2006 Kit .... What Refills Do I Want For Spa Only ?

Leeboy

I emailed both those companies and neither ship to Canada . My best option is to go through Amazon and find the ones I need in singles . I want to combine shipping with the refills to make it a little cheaper . TFTest kits said I only need " R-0003 and R-0013 " seems like I should be ordering some more to make the test kit last longer ?

I didn't know you were in Canada. Lowry and Associates is the exclusive master distributor for Taylor products in Canada so I suggest you contact them for a local distributor/retailer that carries Taylor refills.

Whoops , sorry. I guess I didn't explain it proper . I found a place to order all the refills. I just need to know which ones to order...example...do I need water hardness ? Or Calcium refills? If I could get a list of the regents I should stock up on for the spa only ( not swimming pool) thanks

This link shows all the components of the K-2006.

Chlorine: R-0003, R-0870, R-0871

pH: R-0004

TA: R-0007, R-0008, R-0009

CH: R0010, R-0011L, R-0012

CYA: R-0013

You only need to test for CH if you plan on raising it to 120-150 ppm to reduce foaming. You only need to test for CYA if you don't keep track of it manually based on the amount of Dichlor you add and if you care about the chlorine becoming less effective with continued Dichlor use (until you next change the water).

• 2 weeks later...

I recently placed an order for reagents for my chlorine-based spa. For some reason I specified R-0002, not R-0871. The label contains nothing to indicate whether it is a reagent to test chlorine levels in water that has the test powder added. I added some to a test sample and nothing happened to the color of the sample water. What is that reagent for?

R-0002 is DPD dye for the DPD chlorine test. That test can also be used in spas, but it also required R-0001 first that buffers pH appropriately for the test. The better test for chlorine is the FAS-DPD test and that is what you would get with the R-0871 DPD powder. Both tests can be used for pools or spas -- the difference isn't pools vs. spas but rather the greater accuracy and range of the FAS-DPD test vs. the DPD test.