No Idea What To Do

i have recently acquired a 250 gal. freeflow spa and I am having no end of trouble keeping my water from getting cloudy with a greenish tint. I have tried using shock treatment, clarifier, chlorine tabs, and ph reducer. The water coming out of the tap that I use to fill the spa has very high levels of alkalinity and my stabilizer levels are consistently low. I have already drained and refilled my spa but we are entering our water conservation period and I cannot continue to do this. Also i have read that you can use muriatic acid powder to lower the alkalinity levels but what about liquid? I am very open to any help or suggestions anyone can give me. Thanks

Cloudy/greenish water how long after it was put in the tub?

To have a recently filled tub have coudy/greenish water sounds unusual.

If it's new water and noone has been in it I would be surprised to see it get cloudy/greenish inside of a week or even more.

I might suspect junk in the plumbing might be contaminating the water? Do you know the history of the tub before you got it?

I have refilled it about 1 month ago, i drained it and refilled it because of this same issue. The tub is just over a year old, the tub was owned by my grandparents who bought it new. They were using bromine, a practice i have stopped doing. I know the water has a very high level of alkalinity, My wife and I use the tub about every other night for about 30 min. I can get the Ph levels good, but the alkalinity is way too high, the stabilizer is low and despite adding double the chlorine recommended my chlorine levels are still low.

http://poolcalculator.com/

Why stop using bromine? It works better in warm water than chlorine.

I would bring a water sample to a pro. pool place to have it tested. I think you've got bigger issues than high alkalinity.

If your ph is good then I wouldn't worry about the alkalinity.

Liquid acid is fine, btw, just more dangerous than powder. Be careful not to breathe any fumes and don't add water to it.