Lowest Cost & Effort For Tub Use 3-4 Times A Week?

ltek

Use Case:

Winter - use is 3 or 4 times a week

Summer - use is 2-3 times a week

... sometimes we are not home for a week at a time so levels need to maintain during that time.

My tub does not have an Ozinator

Questions...

1. Bromine is expensive but is floating Bromine tabs the lowest effort and most reliable for my situation?

2. Should I also dose with bleach or dichlor after every use?

3. How much Bromine should I be buying at a single purchase? The price drops quite a bit when you buy 25lbs or more.

4. Anyone have a use case like mine - what do you do and use?

5. Where are you guys buying your chems to get the best price?

thanks!

For a spa used frequently as yours, the Dichlor-then-bleach method would be the lowest cost and would be easy since you could just add Dichlor or bleach after each soak. You start off dosing with Dichlor until you build up the CYA level, roughly after 33-44 ppm FC cumulatively added (usually about a week of use) and then you switch to using bleach. Check on your CYA monthly and you'll probably need to use more Dichlor to keep the CYA up (it slowly gets oxidized from chlorine).

You could use bromine if you wanted to, but your situation would work well with chlorine.

I see you also posted with this post on another forum.