Auto-Pool Filler (Top Off) Help

My pool has an auto pool filler. Uses a valve with a float to top of the pool when the water level drops. I've replaced the valve a few times. They last a couple of years before they lever mechanism stops swiveling. Well, when I removed the old valve, the PVC female threads basically broke to pieces, so the female fitting where the valve screws into is now stripped. You can see it in the photos below.

I tried removing the white female fitting. Figured it just screws into the housing but it won't budge. I don't know if this piece comes off, to then replace it with a new one or if it's a piece of the housing. Poor design if it is since threads break or strip like with mine.

Anyone have any clue if this piece comes off? I need to either replace it or somehow attach a new female fitting so I can attach the float valve.

Thanks for the help.

20010_10153388541015336_6133514717835981

10989224_10153388541095336_5678200222930

Thought I'd add an update in case anyone ever finds themselves with the same issue or any stripped threads in PVC.

To fix this, I got a bit creative. I used a 2-part epoxy to "rethread" the female PVC fitting since I could not remove it. Here is what I did:

1. Mixed the 2-part epoxy together to activate it. You know, the stuff that looks like clay.
  2. Pressed the epoxy around the inside wall of the female PVC fitting where the threads used to be.
  3. With a male threaded fitting lined with teflon tape, I screwed it into the PVC fitting, basically molding or creating the threads in the epoxy that I stuck inside the female fitting.
  4. Let the epoxy set so it was pretty hard.
  5. Removed the male threaded fitting.
  6. Let the epoxy cure overnight.

And there you have it. New threads in the female PVC fitting.

Hope that makes sense and ends up helping others out.

Alex