Sundance Lagunas Spa

steveb

I bought a Lagunas Spa from a local dealer and just had it delivered over the weekend. I had the spa wired for the 40amp 220 service and with much disappointment the spa never worked. I know power is getting to the control board and passing through the junction box to the board circuitry.

Has anyone heard of problems with this Sundance model? It is a 110/220 convertible model so I was wondering if there has been any problems with this design.

I noticed some inconsistencies with the wiring schematic and the actual board layout too. I know the tub is wired per the directions but I am wondering if the directions were printed incorrectly for the 40/220 installation.

Does anyone have any ideas on something I can test while waiting for the service tech to arrive? With the conversation I had with the dealer over the weekend he led me to believe that they always blame the wiring and not the spa controls for these problems. Based on that I am a bit nervous.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I bought a Lagunas Spa from a local dealer and just had it delivered over the weekend. I had the spa wired for the 40amp 220 service and with much disappointment the spa never worked. I know power is getting to the control board and passing through the junction box to the board circuitry.

Has anyone heard of problems with this Sundance model? It is a 110/220 convertible model so I was wondering if there has been any problems with this design.

I noticed some inconsistencies with the wiring schematic and the actual board layout too. I know the tub is wired per the directions but I am wondering if the directions were printed incorrectly for the 40/220 installation.

Does anyone have any ideas on something I can test while waiting for the service tech to arrive? With the conversation I had with the dealer over the weekend he led me to believe that they always blame the wiring and not the spa controls for these problems. Based on that I am a bit nervous.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I think you need to buy it as a 220. You might want to check with the dealer. Did you have them do the electrical? I think you may need 60 amp also. This is a great spa hopefully it will work soon.

Elise

I think you need to buy it as a 220. You might want to check with the dealer. Did you have them do the electrical? I think you may need 60 amp also. This is a great spa hopefully it will work soon.

Elise

Thanks for the reply.

I had an electrician I was familiar with do the work for me at the recommendation of the dealer. I was thinking that I would need to buy it as a 220 too. The dealer said it was convertible by the electrician from 110 to 220 by moving a wire and jumper and that it shipped default at 110.

It looks like a great spa and I am looking forward to being able to use it.