Hot Springs Gleam Versus Grandee And Maax

sully2

I have been looking for some time and have narrowed down my search. I really like the Gleam because of it size, lights etc. Not sure if the limelight series gives much up compared to the Highlife series. This would be a floor model (2013 or 2014) so pretty good price.

I hear talk about the bypass filtering system but not sure if it is really that important or what the real value is. Can anyone tell me if the Gleam from the Limelight series is just as good quality as the Grandee in the Highlife series?I also really like the Maax 481 models and they seem well built and they talk a lot about the better insulation should you have a leak. Of course the Maax is quite a bit less. Should I also consider Sundance or Caldera?

Here is my feedback in bullet form :)

* Wet test any spa you are seriously considering, do not make any assumptions!

* Full by pass filtering of the highlife system, in my opinion, has some value, although not as much as the dealer may lead you to believe. Personally I prefer this feature, but I would not use it as a make it or break it feature.

* The Grandee also has several other unique features, a full color wireless remote control. This is a really cool device, and allows you a lot more control over your lighting then you will get with any of the other spas you are looking at.

* The Grandee has moto massage.

* "Build quality" between limelight and highlife is virtually the same, the interior parts are the same. Different cabinetry, lighting and fewer jet options.

Thanks for the response. I did notice the wireless remote control and agree it is pretty neat. The gleam does have one moto massages eat in the lounger. If I understand your message correctly in terms of durability, reliability etc. things will be the same but the difference will be with the features you pointed out. I just like the lighting and roominess of the gleam but want to make sure I am not overlooking other important issues. Any opinions on the Maax or other brands I mentioned? Are the hot springs really as good as

Everybody says?

I would say in todays market there are a few top tier manufacturers who are for all intents and purposes 'equal' in quality. Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, maybe Caldara.

Where I would say Hot Springs stands out is in manufacturer support. They will do the 'right' thing 90% of the time even if a tub is out of warranty or damage was caused by owner neglect. This is why I buy from them.

• 2 weeks later...