New Spa - New To Forum

Juanellis

Hello everyone! My wife and I just bought a Tropic Seas Waikiki (Family Leisure's Artesian). It delivered on Tuesday and electrician hooked it up today. Started it up, water temp read 45 (in Memphis). Within a few minutes started climbing quickly and within 40 minutes display read 90 degrees! Of course the water was still very cold and a few minutes later got an OHH error message.

Called supplier to schedule a call to check it out. He suggested I make sure the pumps were not airlocked (happens sometimes on our pool pump). Kind of a pain as the cover lift has to be removed partially before the access panel can be removed.

Once I had the panel off, turned the pump inlet coupling about a quarter turn. After a rush of air, water came out and I re- tightened the coupling. Turned the power back on and it now appears to be working! Started about 59 degrees and up to 70 two hours later, so hopefully the airlocked pump was the issue.

One thing I noted was that the heater light is on now and circulation pump is running. If I turn on any of the other pumps, the heating light goes out. Is this normal? It is wired for 220, so would have thought pumps and heater can work at same time.

Thanks

John

Hello everyone! My wife and I just bought a Tropic Seas Waikiki (Family Leisure's Artesian). It delivered on Tuesday and electrician hooked it up today. Started it up, water temp read 45 (in Memphis). Within a few minutes started climbing quickly and within 40 minutes display read 90 degrees! Of course the water was still very cold and a few minutes later got an OHH error message.

Called supplier to schedule a call to check it out. He suggested I make sure the pumps were not airlocked (happens sometimes on our pool pump). Kind of a pain as the cover lift has to be removed partially before the access panel can be removed.

Once I had the panel off, turned the pump inlet coupling about a quarter turn. After a rush of air, water came out and I re- tightened the coupling. Turned the power back on and it now appears to be working! Started about 59 degrees and up to 70 two hours later, so hopefully the airlocked pump was the issue.

One thing I noted was that the heater light is on now and circulation pump is running. If I turn on any of the other pumps, the heating light goes out. Is this normal? It is wired for 220, so would have thought pumps and heater can work at same time.

Thanks

John

Just because it's wired for 220V does not mean it has enough amps to run both. How many amps is the circuit to the tub? Or there's a possibility the jumpers are set wrong.