2001 Tiger River Circuit Board Issue - Jet Pump Not Starting

shimpy

Hello,

I have a 2001 Tiger River with the IQ2020 Electronics. Everything was working fine but now the jet pump will not turn on when the button is pushed.

When i push the button the heater relay deactivates shutting the heater off and you can hear the pump relay activate. The voltage at the terminals that feed the motor are only reading about 68mv but if i disconnect the motor wires and push the jet pump button on the control panel the terminals read 119v!! add the motor wires and the motor jumps for a split second and the voltage at the terminals drop to 68mv again. If i feed the motor direct with 120v the pump and motor run fine.

Is the mother board the issue? or is there something else i should be looking at. the board has no obvious signs of problems, no burnt terminals etc.

thanks for the help

Check the wires to the motor, if there is any splices, disconnect em clean em and reattach. After the motor kicks on then shuts off does the relay on the board also do the same thing? If it is drawing to many amps it might be overloading the relay and kicking it off. Also if you have everything hooked up and CARFULLY use something to turn the relay on and hold it will it run? You can try to clean the contacts in the relay like cleaning an old set of points in a car. Lastly, I know on my spa if there is a loose connection, even thought the motor is grounded from the board, between the motor housing and the board housing it will kick it off like that.

• 1 month later...

hi all new member here we have a 2004 tiger spa bengal model m 110 volt system on our spa the heater relay board and mother board burn't up like so many others. we purchased both boards new and installed them,push the jet button and it worked! so we shut off the jets and let the heater do its thing. when the water temp was at the set limit we pushed the jet button and are experiencing the same issuse as the original post.after checking all of the connections i am at a loss. any ideas? thanks