Pentair Minimal Nt Remote

rgbraun1

I have a pentair minimal nt and pentair easy touch set up. When I press the spa button on my remote my actuators move properly and the heater turns on but instead of the remote light and spa light coming on....the remote light and the POOL light come on (on the heater control panel). How do I make it so the spa light comes on? I Have the pool temp set low (and rarely heat the pool in coastal texas) and the spam temp set high (97 degrees) and want the heater to follow protocol for the spa settings.

When I messed with this last night I had to manually switch to spa mode at the heater control panel, and it started heating however it only got to 93 degrees instead of 97....what I had it set at. I just replaced the water sensor a few days ago...is there a temp sensor for the heater?

Thanks for any help you have to offer.

I appreciate all of the knowledge I've found on this forum.

The pentair easytouch uses a two wire to control the heater. So what you do is set on the heater, both the pool and the spa temps to the highest, 104, and then push the remote button. You need to have the easytouch remote with the display so you can then adjust the temps via the handheld. That is how the system works. Just because you select spa on the remote, it will not choose spa on the heater unless you had a three wire connection. Easytouch doesn't use a three wire though. If you don't have the handheld remote with the display, then you will have to set your temps on the outdoor controller. You set one for your pool and one for the spa. Again, the Easytouch controls the heaters temp.