Artesian Platinum Elite Rhnf Error

TimBp

Hello all,

I have a Artesian SPA Platinum Elite Dove Canyon model that started getting the "rhnF" error a few month back. The filters were getting old so I decided it was time to replace them but that did not resolve the issue. unfortunately I have not been able to find any troubleshooting manuals to assist me in the process. I have removed the side panel to reveal the control unit and some of the pumps. it appears as though the circulation pump is not working, I do not see any water movement in the spa when the filter cycle is on and it does not feel like the motor is working by touch, but I do not know how much vibration this small pump makes either. I have removed /loosened the fitting that comes from the top of the pump ( towards the heater) and obviously water comes out but I believe that is just mostly gravity and not the pump pushing it out. being it is a hard pipe 2+ inch PVC I cannot just move it out of the way to see if water is shooting out of the pump. I tried to see if there was electricity getting to the pump but there is no good place to take a measurement from. The thermometer icon on the LCD on top of the SPA flashes also, I initially though that was indicating the heater was not starting and with the error code above so I figured it was the heater... WRONG , new heater same problem, but now I have a spare heater!!

Any Help is greatly appreciated

Tim

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get this resolved. The rHnF is a flow code that shuts off the heater and eventually everything else. Are you able to activate any of the other pumps while this code is flashing? If the circulation pump doesn't feel like it's working, then most likely it's not. Can you see or feel if the shaft of the circ. pump is spinning? If this is a Laing E14 circ. pump, then you can only feel the motor for vibration. If you do have a Laing circ. pump, then my guess is that the pump is faulty. From my experience, they are notorious for failing.

Check the fuses for continuity. I believe you have an in.xm control system so it should be a 20A that protects the CP port. If pump 1 does your cycling, then there will be 25A or 30A fuses for P1, P2, and P3.