Cover Lifters

Quickbeam

My wife and I are looking to purchase our first hot tub and I have a question about spa covers and in particular cover lifters. Everyone I talk to says I need to get a cover lifter, but given our circumstances I am looking for an alternative. We will be putting the spa in the corner of a roof deck. We have a great view of a lake that I want to take advantage of and we will have this view from three sides of the hot tub. The fourth side of the tub will open out onto a seating area and this is most likely where the stairs will be placed (for entry to the tub). The bottom line is that I don't want the spa cover to get in the way of our view or block out the seating area. So, I would like some way to get the cover off the hot tub and be able to move it away from the tub. I am wondering if I just built some kind of small trolley on wheels. Could I just fold the cover over, slide it half way off the tub, then use the tub as a fulcrum point and tip the cover off the spa and onto a small wheeled trolley and then wheel the cover out of the way? Does this sound feasible? As always any thoughts are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Leisure Concepts is a quite popular company that 85% of pool/hot tub stores use, or suppliers very close to their products.

You can just not have a cover lifter and push the cover off and on, however as the cover gets older, it will start to get heavier and harder to get off and on.

Or you can try something like this http://www.leisureconcepts.com/main.php?page=19. Or even something like this http://www.leisureconcepts.com/main.php?page=26.

Thank you for the examples of different cover lifters. I had thought of the first example, and it would work when it is just my wife and I, but when we are entertaining that cover lifter arrangement would go right into our sitting area. Still, when we are entertaining we will have help to take the cover off and put it back on without a lifter, so it is definitely a consideration. The second one is also interesting, although I would need to make sure it did not come up so high as to cut us off from the sitting area. Once again, I really appreciate the suggestions!