Hydro Spa Fl Code When Heater Tries To Turn On.

chowda633

Bought a hydro spa from a friend and they said it worked fine and winterized it 2 weeks before I picked up. Come to find out the circulator pump died. I replaced it with the exact same model and fired up the tub. Everything seemed to work except... When it gets up too temp and the heater turns off, the tub begins too cool down and then the heater should kick right back on and warm the water up, but instead I get the FL code on the screen.

Brand new filter, Brand new circ pump, checked the half valves, and brand new pressure switch installed. I have been emailing back and forth with Spa Care and they have been a huge help in diagnosing this. He's too the point where he thinks it might be something wrong with the board. I want too see if I am missing something stupid here.

ALSO the Circ pump runs 24/7 no matter what the temp is or the spa is doing. Now the way to reset the FL code is either reset the power which cuts flow, or open and shut the slide valve near the circ pump too cut water flow for a second and allow for the switch too reset.

Seems the issue lies in the pump running 24/7 and now allowing the flow switch to reset. Or is it supposed too run 24/7 like that?

Any ideas help!

Thanks,

Josh

• 2 months later...

Is your circ. pump a low HP & Amp pump or a two speed pump that circulates water on low speed? The former usually operates 24/7 and the latter shuts off after temp. has been reached. The logic in your control system appears to be set up for the latter. Double check the jumpers on the board to make sure they are set properly. I have also ran across some bad/loose jumpers which can affect the board logic.