Filter Time

buddog

A few weeks back I posted that my 2006 four winds spa with balboa controls was not shutting off .But it was shutting off just had to watch it and let it run to see what it was doing It was set to filter 2 hours every 12 now no matter what i do it runs 6 hours on 6 hours off whats wrong.

• 11 months later...

Likely nothing is wrong. Your spa is pre-programmed to run as it needs to keep things heated and filtered. If it is cold out then it will likely run more. Many times people feel that if it is one at all then their energy bill is going to go through the roof. However, this is not the case. Most spa built today are very well insulted and much like a thermos and very energy efficient.

There are ways to adjust the internal programming but the risk of messing around with it is that it doesn't circulate and heat the water enough and would actually cost you more.