Question For Hot Spring / Ace System Experts?

Tubber McGee

I have a 3 year old Hot Spring Vanguard with the ACE salt system. I bought this when the ACE salt system was a fairly new product to the market - my dealer did not hook my ozonator as they said it was not needed with the ACE salt system. Within the first year, Hot Spring corporate came out and said 'Yes" to hooking up the ozonator with the ACE system. So have I enjoyed my tub with utilizing the ozonator.

Over the weekend, while changing my water, I noticed the ozonator was not working and/or producing the bubbles from the bottom of the tub. This happend once prior and my salesman told me to unhook the plasctic hose going into the bottom of the ozonator and rehook up - this will remove any air from the hose and it should start working fine. This worked fine the first time I tried it but this time when I went to unhook the hose, the metal fitting/nipple that the hose attaches to broke into pieces. After inspecting my hose - I had a bunch of white build up material (chalky - if thats even a word) in approx 4 inches of my tubing. I cut my tubing to remove the build up but need to fix the nipple.

I called my local dealer and they are thinking that I cannot replace this metal fitting as this is attached to the ozonator - I would have to replace the entire ozonator. He then told me that with the ACE salt system - I would be fine to operate WITHOUT the ozonator. I am thinking this is the way I will go as I do not want to spend $450 on an ozonator if it is not needed.

So - my questions are:

-Do i need the ozonator with the salt system?

-If yes, do I need to buy the entire ozonator of can I replace the fitting/nipple?

-I did not unhook my ozonator last night - will I burn it up if the hose in not hooked up for 24 hours (until I get home tonight)?

-how do you unhook the ozonator - just a plug?

Thanks for your help!
Tubber

Hi Tubber McGee,

Thanks for your post; I can help clarify this for you as there may have been some conflicting information in the field at one point. Officially, we do not recommend using an ozonator with the ACE system, and suggest the dealer disconnects this at the time of installation. The ozonator depends on constant airflow and it will deteriorate without this. To uninstall an ozonator you would simply unplug its power.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

Hi Steve,

I tried to unhook my ozonator over the weekend. Is this something that is simple and I could do? I thought I would simply just unplug something but not the case - I followed the power to the circuit board but everything was was confusing and I didnt have clue how to disconnect. Any advice?

Thank you!

Tubber McGee,

For your safety (electricity and water!) it is best to reach out to a local dealer to help you. Their service teams are great and well trained.

www.hotspring.com/find-a-dealer

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---