Balboa Circuit Broad

buddog

There are multiple things affected by those dip switches depending upon which pack you have, and it is not a good idea to play with them if you do no know what you are doing. Your hot tub will likely not function properly if you change them. Things like operating voltage or the number of buttons on your control panel are effected by them.

Is there something that you are trying to accomplish or are you just curious?

How old is the tub, what brand...be as specific as possible to whats going on.

I would really recommend calling a service professional to come look at the tub, it doesn't sound like this is something you have a lot of experience dealing with and if you find a good independent service tech for hot tubs you probably wont be that much in and get it done much faster. I like using the website homeadvisors.com, you can read all reviews and get a couple bids or maybe someone can just diagnose over the phone for you.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, I had the same thing happen to my 2010 Four Winds Maui. Hooked it up and after a few days it just wouldn't shut off. I even posted a thread here about it. I think/hope I got it figured out. I believe it was, as someone said above, a filtration setting. When I got it, it was set to "8", meaning it filtered (I think) 8 hours a day, which runs the one pump in low speed. I changed it to "2", and all my issues seem (fingers crossed) to be solved. When in filtration, the pump light comes on, and it can't be shut off until it's done. Changing the filtration setting, I think, doesn't reset the "system" in mid cycle. I changed the setting to "2", then turned the breaker off for about 15 mins to purge the memory on the board. Fired it back up, and all looks to be good.

• 1 year later...

Typically, the controls are preprogrammed to ensure that the spa is optimized to filter and heat the spa. A pump on low speed draws very little power and is a part of the expected function. If you cut it back too much then you may have other issues in water quality. Another reason it may be running is if it needs to heat up the spa. Sometimes people will want to lower the spa temp if they are not going to use it for a few days. Here is the issue though... your spa is like a big thermos. It take a lot less energy to KEEP the temp right than to adjust it up and down. So... not to go too far down the rabbit hole on this topic if it is cold out side and your spa is set at 102 and it is currently 98 it will run to heat it up. The thought is that is what you want the temp to be so it does it. Another possibility, and I am not familiar with that particular spa control is that when you adjust the temp is only holds it for a while with the master temp still not changed. See your owner's manual.