Keep Blowing A Fuse, Help!

Paul4663

I purchased a used Leisure Bay hot tub (2001 Smart Series Model1900-s) and wired it up and noticed that the pressure switch assembly had rusted to where it was causing a leak, so I cut cut it off and ordered a new assembly. When it came in I installed it and turned it back on and hit the jets button and heard it attempt to run for a second then it died and would not cut back on. Further investigation let me to a blown 20 amp fuse, I bought some more and replaced the fuse and it came back on but I didn't press any buttons this time and just let it run and it ran for about 30 seconds and you could hear air bubbling from a jet and then it died again because it blew the fuse again.

Does anyone know the reason why it would keep blowing a fuse?

Does anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting to figure out why it's doing this

Any knowledgeable advice will be very helpful.

i'd suspect your heater and the bubbling may have been the water in the heater boiling. Double check your flow switch wiring.

Unplug items one at a time until you can not blow the fuse. Then plug them back in one at a time until it pops. then you at least know what's causing it.