Moving Hot Tub

cstultz

So I moved my last hot tub by myself. It was a thermospa Lexington series. I rented a u haul truck and slid it in. I think it weighed around 700 pounds. My next project is moving a slightly larger hot tub. Artesian spa. Its 7.5'x7.5'. I know it weighs more. Not sure how much.I am trying to rent a flatbed trailer that's low to the ground. Everything I see has rails and wheelwells. Do u think I could sit it on the rails with 2x4s supporting it? I have an hour and a half drive.

I don't think it would be a problem. I moved mine a couple times now and used a snowmobile trailer both times. They are great because they are, cheap to rent, flat all the way across and have a tilting feature so it's easier getting the spa on and off. I also used 1" pvc pipe to roll it around on which made it super simple to slide across a driveway or patio. Good luck!

Wow. I have called almost every equipment rental place in NH. None rent snowmobile trailers or any trailers bigger than 5'x8'. You'd think with NH being a big snowmobile area that you could find them everywhere. Most people have theirs in enclosed trailers. I do have a friend with one. It holds 2 snowmobiles. Hopefully, it fits the measurements.

Did you push it on to the trailer? Use a come along? A winch?

I'm going to be moving this by myself.

You can also use a utility trailer with rails. The guys that delivered my spa used a utility trailer with a pipe a couple of inches wider than the spa. They had set one end of the spa on the pipe while holding the other end up, then just walked it up the length of the trailer. Then they just had it strapped down. They also had little stops welded to the ends of the rails to stop the pipe when it got to the back of the trailer.

I'm doing this tomorrow. I'm pretty much doing it alone. I'm getting a 6x12 utility trailer from uhaul. Im a friend of mine try to help. She is pretty little. I figure I can lift it enough to get it on the pvc. Then follow a track I'm going to make across the lawn. I'm hoping to use 2x8's as a ramp, pull it up with a come aling and then tie the heck of it when I get it on the rails. I'm driving about 80 miles. I have to map out a route where I can take backroads. Will it work?????