Hot Springs Envoy...leaking/control Panel Brokenx2

rwhack

This is my first post. I'm at my wits end with my Hot Springs spa purchased 8/2/11. In the first month the control panel broke. No big deal, they came in, I spent my $50 and they replaced it. Started leaking 6 months ago. They "fixed" it. They said it was a minor thing and we moved it to our new house where it is enclosed on 3 sides. Still leaking-same spot. Mind you we had not used it for a month at that point. We had to pay to move it out because the leak was big and they now say it had probably been leaking for a longer time than we thought and was a big leak. It took literally months to "fix" it. Once it was fixed within a few days the control panel breaks...again. Guess what, a week later, it's leaking-again.

I paid a lot of money for a "premium" spa that has now been out of commission for 6 months. I've spent $50X2 for service visits and $250 to move it to repair it and will probably have to spend $250 to move it again. I want my money back at this point of a whole new spa. This thing is an utter lemon. The warranty reminds me of this scene from Tommy Boy:

Do they ever just give in and give the customer something that works? I've got zero confidence in repairing this spa at this point. I'm starting to wonder if it's a lemon or the spa. Can anyone chime in on their experiences? The customer service gal knows me well by now, but getting it finally fixed really isn't enough and seeing it not leak for a month would be a stunner to me.

Hi rwhack,

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with your Envoy! We want to help you. It sounds like you've contacted us already, but please do so again at any time with your spa's serial# to ensure we are providing you the service you deserve.

Thanks for your business and consideration!

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

I know this is tough to hear, but from a mechanics point of view, if the spa is not accessible to repair... I view it as a car owner welding his hood shut, then being upset when the mechanic adds a charge for for the extra work and hassle just to get to hood open.

Wherever you place it, these things (no matter how much you spend) can break, and may need service from time to time. Don't put them in places that make it impossible/very expensive to service. There will come a day when something will break, whether it's in year two, or year twenty two.

We service a plethora of spa brands. I have yet to find the one that makes a spa that never breaks. I assume you're fairly distant from the dealer, otherwise there wouldn't be a $50 for warranty work? If they just stick that charge on there and you're close, ask to have it waived. Two control panels is unusual (although it can, and does happen from time). There is a failure rate associated with all equipment. It stinks to get two in a row.

Thanks for the responses. The spa is accessible on one side completely, the others less so. I understand that repair may require moving it...but I don't think moving it what is now 3 times over the course of the last 6 months is something that you should expect out of a premium spa that was purchased less than 2 years ago. I'm now worried this relatively new spa is destroyed on the inside from fairly constant leaking since I read here that the wood on the inside of a hot springs spa is less durable than the base. My customer service contact did not return my email when I asked about it.

As far as the Hot Springs rep here. As it comes to your brand it is diminished in my view and I'm just starting to voice it. This many repairs is not acceptable. There is no way my less than 2 year old spa is going to be good as new, and on a customer service end the "rush" part that was sent so it can hopefully be resolved is 10 days out. I'm less impressed with every aspect of this experience at this point.

Hi rwhack,

It's my goal to assist you and work with your dealer however necessary to facilitate this immediately and aggressively. Your experience and support is extremely important to us!

Look forward to hearing from you. 800-999-4688.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

Steve,

I called that number...and I dialed the extension for the person addressing this. I've also emailed her and did not get a response. Who exactly should I contact? My "rush" control panel from over 2 weeks ago isn't here yet as promised. My hot tub is still leaking. I can't emphasize enough how new this tub is and how many problems I've had with it. I'm ready to go nuclear online. This site is the closest to a review I've posted. I'm thinking I need to warn my friends at this point.

Situation is now resolved...well, as long as it doesn't leak anymore and nothing breaks. I expect problem free for the next 5 years to come to make up for the start. The tub I had on craigslist that was old/used went that long without a problem.

Situation is now resolved...well, as long as it doesn't leak anymore and nothing breaks. I expect problem free for the next 5 years to come to make up for the start. The tub I had on craigslist that was old/used went that long without a problem.

Hi Rwhack,

Glad to hear your situation was resolved. We are here to help. Feel free to contact us should you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you,

The Hot Spring Hot Tub Team