Hotspring & Bulldog Comparison & Pricing Questions

pkaye

First, thank you everyone who writes on this forum. It has helped tremendously as I have narrowed down my choices in my first spa. Before all of you, it never would have occured to me to wet test a spa!

Now my question:

I've narrowed it down to two possibilities. (oh, and I'm in Atlanta)

1) HotSpring Envoy. 2013. $10,100 including cover, delivery, steps and chemicals.

2) Bulldog 552 (2012 before the redesign). 9,700 including cover, cover lifter, delivery, steps and chemicals.

I like both equally, but a friend has the Bullfrog and he says it's a pain to remove the jetpacks when cleaning.

Woops, sorry, first time poster, I did not finish before this posted. This is my full post:

First, thank you everyone who writes on this forum. It has helped tremendously as I have narrowed down my choices in my first spa. Before all of you, it never would have occured to me to wet test a spa!

Now my question:

1) HotSpring Envoy. 2013. $10,100 including cover, delivery, steps and chemicals.

2) Bulldog 552 (2012 before the redesign). 9,700 including cover, cover lifter, delivery, steps and chemicals, plus an extra jetpack of my choice.

I like both almost equally, but a friend has the Bullfrog and he says it's a pain to remove the jetpacks when cleaning. I like the idea of being able to move the jetpacks around, and the company that sells it has a great reputation.

The Hotspring is a narrow favorite, but I'm kind of disappointed that they offer a "sale" for the 4th of July weekend which is a free stereo system with a hot-tub. The salesman told me, however, that I could chose between the $10,100, (which he says is $1,000 off) or pay full price and get a free stereo.

Are these fair prices for the Atlanta Market? How do the two companies compare?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the double post.

Patti

I don't know the Atlanta market but what I know is Hot Spring makes a great spa, the Envoy is very popular and that price is very good. The Envoy will also come with the electrical subpanel inlcuded as your dealer con confirm so that will help price wise since you won't have to purchase one after the sale orhave your electrician charge you for one.

Woops, sorry, first time poster, I did not finish before this posted. This is my full post:

Now my question:

2) Bulldog 552 (2012 before the redesign). 9,700 including cover, cover lifter, delivery, steps and chemicals, plus an extra jetpack of my choice.

I like both almost equally, but a friend has the Bullfrog and he says it's a pain to remove the jetpacks when cleaning. I like the idea of being able to move the jetpacks around, and the company that sells it has a great reputation.

The Hotspring is a narrow favorite, but I'm kind of disappointed that they offer a "sale" for the 4th of July weekend which is a free stereo system with a hot-tub. The salesman told me, however, that I could chose between the $10,100, (which he says is $1,000 off) or pay full price and get a free stereo.

Are these fair prices for the Atlanta Market? How do the two companies compare?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the double post.

Patti

Hi Patti,

We are so happy to hear you are considering a Hot Spring. The Envoy is an excellent spa, and we are here to answer any questions you have during your hot tub purchase. Don't hesitate to give our customer service team a call at 1-800-999-4688, extension 8432. I also encourage you to read some great reviews from happy Envoy owners: http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/highlife/envoy. We hope to soon welcome you to the Hot Spring Family! Have a terrific day.

Thank you,

The Hot Spring Hot Tub Team

The jetpack system is not a pain at all. If you properly maintain your water chemistry, you do not need to clean behind the jetpacks. There is a fresh water supply behind each jetpack that circulates the water. Any hot tub that is not properly treated will become gross. With the Bullfrog, you will be able to run all of your jets on high speed at the same time. With Hot Spring, you have a diverter valve that forces you to choose between which seats are running and which are not.

That is a great deal on a 552. The jetpack design is a positive, not a negative. You can decide what massage you want and what seat to put it in. It's the only hot tub in the world that lets you pick the massage that you want and if your therapy needs change, you can update your existing spa with a massage that addresses your needs.

In a Hot Spring there is quite a bit of plumbing that is buried in foam. It also has a frame made of untreated wood. They only treat the base. Bullfrog eliminates 90% of the plumbing and puts most of it in the body of water with you. Their high density plastic frame carries a lifetime warranty, and will not rust rot or corrode.

This being said, Hot Spring is an excellent spa and is certainly not a bad choice. I am just of the opinion that Bullfrog has built a better mousetrap. They are the most innovative company in the industry, imo.

I have an Envoy and made my first post today. I'm on my second control panel and have had it being repaired for leaks or leaking for 6 months. Hot springs has a good name but my experience thus far has been exceedingly negative. I've waited until now to say much "publically" because I've been "patiently" awaiting for it to be fixed. It's the 4th of July and it is not functional. I've had it less than 2 years. I like what the guy above said about the plumbing based on my experience.