Had To Drain, Is Liner Wasted Now?

So, having not winterized my pool it was a swampy mess this year. The only resolve was to completely drain it as there was algae and leaves down to the bottom and I wasn't going to spend the money on chemicals. Unfortunately, because of weather it sat for several days with only about an inch of water in it. Now, the liner tapers from the top to the bottom, wrinkles along the bottom and a LOT of air behind it.

Is it wasted or can it be fixed? How can I remove air from behind the liner and get it back formed along the walls? There is still some sludge and water on the bottom and I need to bleach and clean the walls and stairs but I'm not going to bother if it needs to be changed.

Also, whats the price of a liner for a pool that is 17' around and 4' deep?

Thanks,

Damian

Damian,

The liner is not wasted, but you could've saved yourself a lot of work by using a deep leaf net and vacuuming out the algae and backwashing. It is a tedious process for about three days, but it is better than draining the pool.

You should be able to get it back in place. The easiest way will be to pop a small section of liner out, if it's a beaded liner and stick a shop vac down inside the pool behind the liner and duct tape all of the openings. Turn it on and it will suck the excess air out of the liner. You may have to get in the pool to adjust the liner some, but you should be fine. Usually requires three to four people to adjust liner if you need to.