Replaced 2 Heaters In Two Years

I have a problem with scale and flo issues that result in needing a new heater replaced every 1.5 to 2 years. I have a Sundance Cameo (2009). I have a real hard time with scale buildup to the point I start getting flo errors, and when the tech comes out and upon inspection, has determined twice now that the heater is filled with scale. He even showed me where if he taps on it, scale gets released into the flo switch. I use the Frog system, and keep everything well balanced. Add a couple extra bromine tabs, keep it around maybe a 2-3. So why is the scale such a recurring issue? He did mention that maybe the osonator may have died, and replacement could help the issue. He also suggested going to a Nature 2 system. The water appears clean, does get a little cloudy when running the air jets. I clean every 3-4 months and use purge every other time. Only other issue he found odd was I get a good bit of Mold or Mildew on the underside of the cover, pillows, and speakers. Very hard to remove.

Any suggestion????? Help?????

A product designed to keep minerals in suspension, like Sequa-Sol or Stain and Scale prevention is available at any decent pool or spa supply store.

Do you use a PH buffer? Something that "magically" keeps the PH balanced? If so, that's the source of the scale.

No, don't believe in magic, generally keep everything at the suggested levels. I use a weekly stain and scale preventative called spa protect, but don't think that is magic?

Is your water naturally hard? Is this well water, or city water?

No, it's Cleveland Ohio city water, that's why I'm so perplexed! The thinng coughs chunks of scale. And I think that clogs the filter. I'm guessing that since it was a florr model it was not cared for as well as it is now and has a good deal of build up.

I assume it's something you're adding to the water. I believe the Spa Frog system uses a PH mineral buffer the magically "balance" the PH. That combined with the stain and scale control are likely the culprit.

Get rid of the frog, and just use PH up and PH down to balance your PH. You don't need stain and scale control.

I assume it's something you're adding to the water. I believe the Spa Frog system uses a PH mineral buffer the magically "balance" the PH. That combined with the stain and scale control are likely the culprit.

Get rid of the frog, and just use PH up and PH down to balance your PH. You don't need stain and scale control.

So just Bromine, balance the water and no scale prevnter? Wow, never heard of that , Thanks!

Does anybody use a drain sock on footwelss? I have a later model Cameo and was thinking of using though they say not to. Trying to keep that scale from getting back in the system.