How To Get Into Commercial Pool Management

UsHi3735

I currently maintain residential pools across northern New Jersey. We handle all aspects besides new pool construction. I just got my pool certification from the NSPF and soon plan to get my inspector certification as well. I'd like to make the crossover into commercial pool management so I can keep busy all year round.

I'd like to target local health clubs, hotels, residential living complexes and spas. Certain pools will require summarization/winterization while others will not as they are indoors.

For residential pools, I visit each pool once per week unless instructed otherwise. For commercial, I'm sort of clueless. I'm not sure how often to visit or how to accurately price each visit. I also wanted to learn more about providing chemicals, logging data for health inspectors and overall requirements of being a commercial company.

From what I learned in CPO class, certain pools require logging chemical analysis every two hours everyday of the week. This is the type of work I'm looking to avoid doing as I am just myself and a couple other employees. I need to be able to maintain multiple pools per week so that level of detail is something I'm willing to do without...for now.

Feel free to correct and guide me.

Commercial pools are very easy to get I have many of them down here in Sacramento, CA the way I got most of my accounts was just going into the offices and dropping off flyers also the yearly inspections are very hard they look for lots of little things you must have logs of all your chemical reading all pumps need to be grounded equipment rooms must be clean and free of garbage and debris pool tile must be clean and should have build up of scum O-rings in skimmers and baffles must be present hand rails must be solid gates to pool gates must shut and lock properly NEVER PUT TABS IN SKIMMER automatic shut down if you have anymore question feel free to contact me I have many marketing techniques I can share with you.