Help Please, Heater/control Board Problem Lb102R Leisure Bay

bigike

Hi, i got a free Gibraltar Leisure Bay / Balboa Spa. Got it cleaned and hooked up but the heater wasn't coming on.

Found that the BLACK leg relay wasn't energizing. Jumping out this relay gets the heater online and working great.

I checked the pressure switch and it was working properly but i've jumped it out anyways to see if anything changes. Nothing happens, everything else is working properly,

I jumped the heater blk leg out and set the temperature to 80 degrees and after hitting and passing this setting no relays kicked out. The only way to de-energize the RED leg relay is to put the spa in standby mode by pressing the temp and light button.

Does this sound like a Control Board, Relay or topside controller issue?

Thanks for y'alls time!

Jay

Is the heat light on the topside (very small)?

I'm guessing no? If not, try jumping the flow switch at the two prongs on the circuit board (a flathead screwdriver works great). Hold it closed for approx 10 seconds, and see if the heater relay energizes. It might just be the harness, or a little bit of corrosion on the harness.

Thanks so much... I didn't hold it on the contacts coming from the PCB i touched it and when nothing happened moved on. Also i had the wire jumped out and that that was good enough. So diagnosis the leads are not making proper contact with the pressure switch wire plug... Fixed it and it's running perfect. My Children thank you, they are going to have a blast in this thing tonight!

Thanks again!