Test Strip Quandry

Karinp

Hello. I have been using Nature2 test strips to test for MPS, pH and Alkalinity. I think my husband could be allergic to the MPS so I am using dichlor for awhile. I bought some AquaCheck test strips to test for free chlorine. These test strips also give a numerical range for the free chlorine, total alkalinity and pH. When I use the AquaCheck, the pH looks low and the alkalinity color doesn't look like any on the test strip! When I use my Nature2 test strips, everything appears to be in the acceptable ranges.

Should I go buy a third testing kit or what? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Karinp

Hello. I have been using Nature2 test strips to test for MPS, pH and Alkalinity. I think my husband could be allergic to the MPS so I am using dichlor for awhile. I bought some AquaCheck test strips to test for free chlorine. These test strips also give a numerical range for the free chlorine, total alkalinity and pH. When I use the AquaCheck, the pH looks low and the alkalinity color doesn't look like any on the test strip! When I use my Nature2 test strips, everything appears to be in the acceptable ranges.

Should I go buy a third testing kit or what? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Karinp

I had the same problem with test strips when I used them. I could never accurately tell what my pH or TA levels were and one brand strip seemed to give different results than another. I use strips for quick chloine checks only now. I suggest purchasing a good reagant test kit. I have the Taylor 2005, but there are others that work well. The results are much easier to read.