Orenda Pr10000

I have been cleaning pools for three years in Southern California. I have used this product before and I like it. I used it as directed-test phosphates- add recommended dosage pool turns cloudy-retest next week add some more if needed and then clean filter. Someone that I buy chemicals from said add a capfull every week to my pools. Has anyone done this? Does it not load up the filter? Any feed back appreciated.

Josh

I don't see a lot of reason to use products like PR10000, since you should really never need it when your water is properly balanced. I think most people on this particular board will agree with that staement too. Phosphate removers are, basically, a placebo, and you can find a lot of articles detailing that in the chemistry section of this forum.

I would save the money, honestly, and just be aware of your CYA level in relation to your free chlorine. More often than not, I see pool guys dumping gallons of algaecides and phosphate removers into pools with 3ppm FC and 150ppm CYA. They think that the phosphates are the reason that they have green while having available chlorine, when it's really the fact that they dump pounds of trichlor/dichlor into the water and have a CYA level that is paralyzing their sanatizer.