Fixing Leaks And Came Across Solidified Foam, What Is It?

johnnyb60

I don't know what brand but I think what you're seeing is the fact that the manufacturer first sprays on a denser foam to give it good insulating properties and give the shell better structure. Then they fill the rest of the cavity with a less dense foam. You pulled the less dense foam away and now you're at the harder or more dense foam.

You'll need to scrape/chisel that away and make your fix but you won't have to replace the dense foam, just refill with the lighter foam.

Thanks for the input. Whatever it is, it soaked into the foam because it get’s harder as I dig deeper and I may not be able get it all off without grinding it. My knife isn’t working on this stuff.

There is no real support for the hoses and it might be that they were gluing everything to the shell then spraying the foam on before it was completely dry.

I haven’t found any more, but I stopped working on it until I can figure out the easiest way to get the foam off the bottom jets. This was on the corner and I did not see any when removing the foam the sides.

This is what the sides look like without the foam. Oh and no hard stuff

IMG_0002.jpg