Winterizing A Gunite Pool

masanori

First, where do you live?

As far as Winterizing here in Texas or in the South is sometimes different from up north. Winterizing is different from In-ground and above ground (of course), since it never really freezes in our region we don't "winterize" a pool like some would think.

Poolife which is the brand we carry has a Close out kit that is Comes with shock and algaecide. Its is actually the same kit they use for opening a pool. Other brands have something like it. You close down you pool the same as an above ground by:

1. Clean pool out by brushing and removing any debris.

2. Checking the Chemical Balance and adjusting is needed.

3. Shocking your pool to kill and Bacteria or other micro debris.

4. Add an Algaecide of your choice preferably a 90 day due to the fact some people wont keep up with a week to week one.

5. Cover your pool

Its failry simple, like i said we dont have major freezes dont here so Winterizing for us is setting up your chemicals and covering it up .

ME Personally i don't cover my pool, due to i don't have many leaves i have to deal with, i just treat it like normal just not as much as i would during 105 degree weeks.

My pool right in winter time, i run 4-8 hours a day. Shock every Other week, and keep up with my algaecide. And just let my cleaner do the rest.

One Chemical i recommend Highly for any pool owner. Not just a winter i use it for summer is Endure (sodium tetraborate). It is used to inhibit algae growth while making the pool softer. It also increases efficiency of Chlorine, Pool frog, Baquacil, salt pools (which is also chlorine) and other pool chemicals. It is a great all year chemical to have and helps save money in the long run.