Still Searching For New Tub ... D1 Latitude. Californian; Sd Hamilton; Hs Tempo

awolf

Well, 3 weeks into the search and I am very frustrated. I have $ burning a hole in my pocket but have not found the right spa yet.

Thought it would be the SD Optima. But, wet tested today and, along with the Jacuzi J-365, I have determined that dome in the middle is NOT for me. I can't sit comfortably with my feet against the dome and when I stretch them out and over it, I float out of seat. So - back to loungers. (This also nixes D1 Nautilus)

Found 3 tubs that are pretty comfy dry. None had water in them.

Anybody have any experience with the following: ?

SD Hamilton - I am still not a huge fan of SD jets after wet testing Cameo and Optima. But the layout seems nice. This one was DRY

D1 Latitude or Californian - I wet tested the D1 Diplomat and really liked the the lounger and the other seats EXCEPT the goofy short mini lounge. Neither my wife or I fit. I want the Chairman (not on floor), but it is really pricey. So am thinking about the latitude or californian..

D1 Californian. Since I liked the Diplomat, this might be a good move (no goofy mini lounge). Not on floor AND the jet layout doesn't look near as nice as diplomat or chairman. Same price as diplomat. Latitude will be cheaper ...

HS Hot Spot Tempo. Looked like a pretty nice shape, dry. Except the jets go right up your spine on the lounger.

Any experience/suggestions with these tubs

Thanks!

Well, 3 weeks into the search and I am very frustrated. I have $ burning a hole in my pocket but have not found the right spa yet.

Thought it would be the SD Optima. But, wet tested today and, along with the Jacuzi J-365, I have determined that dome in the middle is NOT for me. I can't sit comfortably with my feet against the dome and when I stretch them out and over it, I float out of seat. So - back to loungers. (This also nixes D1 Nautilus)

Found 3 tubs that are pretty comfy dry. None had water in them.

Anybody have any experience with the following: ?

SD Hamilton - I am still not a huge fan of SD jets after wet testing Cameo and Optima. But the layout seems nice. This one was DRY

D1 Latitude or Californian - I wet tested the D1 Diplomat and really liked the the lounger and the other seats EXCEPT the goofy short mini lounge. Neither my wife or I fit. I want the Chairman (not on floor), but it is really pricey. So am thinking about the latitude or californian..

D1 Californian. Since I liked the Diplomat, this might be a good move (no goofy mini lounge). Not on floor AND the jet layout doesn't look near as nice as diplomat or chairman. Same price as diplomat. Latitude will be cheaper ...

HS Hot Spot Tempo. Looked like a pretty nice shape, dry. Except the jets go right up your spine on the lounger.

Any experience/suggestions with these tubs

Thanks!

You're certainly going about this the right way by wet testing as you've learned with the models that didn't work for you. The Hot Spring Envoy, Aria and Falir would seem like they may be good options as well for you based on the other models you've looked at.

Thanks Savant. Yes the Envoy is intriquing. I really WISH that instead of that driver's seat, they just had a corner and a middle or even cooling off seat. I guess I want the Vanguard with the Envoy's lounge, or something like that ...... Flair looks interesting .. haven't seen one of those yet.

I do really like the moto massage .... other dealers bad mouth it, but it felt great in the wet Aria (which is just too small and really bad use of space where they could have had another seat).

Have you checked out the 200 series from Jacuzzi? I was in the same situation as you a year ago. Had the cash and desperately wanted a tub, but did't want to make a hasty decision that I might later regret. We realized after some wet tests that we did not want a lounger. The J-365 had just about everything we wanted, but like you, we were not thrilled with the foot dome...athough we did enjoy foot jets. We seriously considered the Hot Spot Rhythm, but the lack of a continous circ pump (a must have), the open filter design, seating/jetting configuration and the overall aesthetics and fit and finish of the product was not impressive. We ended purchasing a the J-280 and could not be more pleased. The countour of the seats and jetting is very well designed and the depth of the seats vary too which is nice. It's got a 3 jet, semi foot dome thats conveniently tucked away beneath the filter housing that doesnt consume valuable floor space. The hydrotherapy was perfect for us and we actually like it better than most others that had supposedly better engineered jets with fancy trademarked names. We found that it had many of the mid-to upper end features but at a enrty level price point. Which allowed us to get 1 of the largest tubs available from a quality, reputable manufacturer. Often its just my wife and I, but sometimes theres 4 or 5 of us and it's nice to have the room to accomodate.

Thanks Savant. Yes the Envoy is intriquing. I really WISH that instead of that driver's seat, they just had a corner and a middle or even cooling off seat. I guess I want the Vanguard with the Envoy's lounge, or something like that ...... Flair looks interesting .. haven't seen one of those yet.

I do really like the moto massage .... other dealers bad mouth it, but it felt great in the wet Aria (which is just too small and really bad use of space where they could have had another seat).

Of course others dealers knock the moto massage, they don't have it. They're not going to say "Yeah, I wish ours had that but ...". I'm not saying everyone will love it when they try it because EVERYTHING is subjective but most sure like it after wet testing it, especially the double moto.

The Vista is the spa you're describing when you talk about the things you wish the Envoy had. The Vista is great but its bigger and more expensive so it depends on what you're looking for.