Just Bought A Used Jacuzzi J470..have Questions(Of Course)

Hi All,

New to the forum and this is my first spa(2006 Jacuzzi J470).

After wet testing several brands, I then focused on finding a used Jacuzzi J470 or sundance Optima.

The closest I ever got to owning a Jacuzzi is the Jacuzzi pool filter I own(i don't even think it's the same company)

I'm in the process of finding a spa mover to get it from PA to NJ and am waiting on a reply from the first mover I called(think he may be m.i.a. now).

Here are a few initial questions I have:

The spa will need new pillows and speaker covers as the ones it has are a bit worn.

1) Where is the best place to get these parts?

The only place I found on the internet would be thespaworks.com

I will also try Jacuzzi directly but I'm not sure if they deal directly with the consumer.

2) Is their a "Spa water maintenance for dummies" guide somewhere that I can read?

I know that this is a completely different beast than my pool.

3) Where is the best place to get maintenance parts such as filters, chemicals, etc?

Is it best to find them on the internet or pay a little more and just get them from my local Jacuzzi dealer to develop a relationship with them?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian, I have the same hot tub and love it! I think you could get parts and pillows etc off of ebay or another internet dealer, but if the prices are fairly close I would use your dealer and form some kind of business relationship with him. He might be more helpful with other repairs if he knows you through his shop. There is a very good guide to spa water chemistry on here. Look in the forum section and click on hot tub water chemistry. At the top is a stick for Bromine which I follow and have had great sucess with. There is alot of good info on that forum! Congrats on a great hot tub purchase!!

• 3 weeks later...