Jacuzzi J345 Or Maax 7000 Or Vita Spa Monarque

Orion6192

I've moved this from the South Seas thread since its not really about South Seas anymore. I'll post a reference link to this thread in that thread.

The final numbers are in... They both called first thing the AM with what they could do for me.

MAAX 480 - (2011 floor model - about one year old, never wet tested) steps, cover, delivery, chemicals - $7300 + tax.

Jacuzzi J345 - (2012 new w / UV ClearRay) steps, cover, cover assist, delivery, chemicals - $7,200 + tax

Vita Spa Monarque - 2012, steps, cover, delivery, chemicals - $7195 + tax + cover assist

I'm not sure what to think. They have 5-year warranties from date of delivery except Vita which is 5 Year component 2 year cabinet. . I've heard of Jacuzzi like I've heard the name Velcro. MAAX I have not, but see them mentioned on here. We have the option to wet test both of them if we give them a little notice.

I've heard of Jacuzzi like I've heard the name Velcro. MAAX I have not, but see them mentioned on here. We have the option to wet test both of them if we give them a little notice.

The MAAX dealer has two stores, Vita Spa has one (they also sell Hot Spring, Caldera and Hot Spot) and the Jacuzzi dealer has four stores. They also sold D1 but did not have one at that location.

BBB reports show 6 against Jacuzzi dealer and 2 against MAAX dealer and 1 against the Vita Spa. They are positives reviews for both dealers also. They both have their own in-house service department.

MAAX has 62 jets, 2 - 2sp pumps (3.0Hp/5.9bHp), 91.5 x 91.5 x 35

Jacuzzi has 27 jets, 1 - 2sp pump (2.5Hp/4.5bHp) and 1 - 1sp pump (2.5Hp/4.8bHp), 84 x 84 x 36

Vita Spa has 52 jets, 1 - 2sp pump (3.0Hp/5.9bHp) and 1 - 1sp pump (3.0Hp/5.9bHp), 84 x 84 x 38

I talked with an ex-Sundance dealer who bashed Sundace due to their wood frames solid insulation showing us a tub the was rotting from the inside out. They now sell Sunline.

Number of jets is interesting, but may be hype. Lighting is lacking a little in the Jacuzzi but may also be diminished in the MAAX due to the dark brown color of the tub. Had the "insulation blanket" around it.

Vita Spa - not really sure, not really an option to wet test, seemed like a lot of room inside. Lighting looked nice. Had the "insulation blanket" around it.

I really like the base on the Jacuzzi. It came up 4 inches or so to create a sealed base. Something that Isn't so prevalent on the others. The outside cabinet came closer to the ground.

I am in a circle. Is one a Chevy and one a Ford or is it ones a Mercedes and one a Chevy?

Any more input would be great. Thanks all...

As I said before, Haha.

Chevrolet and Ford make great cars. (I'm biased, my father was a UAW worker, and my wife's father was a designer for Ford).

The Jacuzzi would be like a Cadillac or a Lincoln, and the Maax would be like a Kia.

Jacuzzi is one of the best brands you can buy, you will not be disappointed with it. And seeing as it's the cheapest, I'd go with it. Remember, jet count isn't everything, and think of it this way, when you have a leak, would you rather have 27 possible places, or 62? The companies won't tell you, but one day you WILL have a leak, whether it's a pump seal, or a jet fitting, it's gonna happen. I will warn you that my relatives have a 10 year old Vita at their lake house that has has major leaks, and electrical issues.

Appreciate the feedback... The Jacuzzi seems really solid and roomy. I just wasn't sure if it was a brand name premium or if they were still a high quality tub. The one concern is the UV ClearRay. I've seen mentioned you need to replace the bulb yearly. I wonder the price tag on that! I will say that out of all the tubs I looked at that day, the Jacuzzi had the clearest water it maybe a fluke but it looked nice. Jacuzzi also has a bottom filter that most don't? I mat be incorrect on that last statement.

We are from the Rochester area and it sounds like we have been looking at the same tubs and talking to the same people. Your conversations and quotes are almost identical to us.

We have spent today wet testing several of the tubs around the area and found that we like the Jacuzzi J-345 over everything else... actually, we are leaning toward the 365, since it has a foot dome. Which ones did you wet test?

We checked out HotSprings, but I honestly don't see the appeal. I though the quality and styling of Jacuzzi was far better.

HI

I posted in your other thread and have copied here for reference, I will repeat that you must wet test and compare to get the experience you want, the difference in pump delivery to the jets can be significant between brands and models within brands depending on the number of jets etc. If you are looking for a more robust therapy experience then I would not go with Jacuzzi (Just my personal opinion) it did not hit the mark for me, unfortunately I cannot remember the exact model I tested but even putting my hand in I could tell the difference, however if power is not a prioity it may be perfect for you, Try hotsprings, Artesian La, etc all good makes and compare it will make the decision much easier :)

here is what I posted in your original thread:

Hi

South Seas are part of the Artesian range of tubs, they are the entry level range followed by the Island, and Platinum Elite, they are a nice looking spa with some good features, part foam, full can be added as an extra you can also add lighting stereo etc if needed.

Artesian a good reputable dealer in my opinion, I have an island range Grand Bahama, I would recommend looking at that range if you can afford it as the additional therapy controls and varied seating on the Grand Cayman and Captiva are worth considering in a non lounger spa. I bought my spa after considering several brands Vita, Hot springs Jacuzzi, Arctic but would have to highly recommend you wet test them as only then can you truly decide if the spa gives what YOU want!

I am based in the UK but the spas are shipped directly from Nevada so should not be different to those in the US

Feel free to ask other questions if you have any and I may be able to help

Just another comment, we also checked out the floor model Maax 480. Besides the color, another reason we didn't like that one was the filter separates two of the corner seats. So the people sitting in those seats cant talk to each other. We saw this on a lot of different brands/models. We have pretty much settled on the Jacuzzi J-365. Just trying to figure out the colors of the tub and cabinet now.

Great choice on the Jacuzzi, we bought the J470 last year and really like it. Its a well made tub. I have the sand color shell and redwood skirt. The shell is textured and not very slippery. It stays very clean and looks great. I like the look of the the light color shell with the led's, but not sure abouthow slippery it would be.

Great choice on the Jacuzzi, we bought the J470 last year and really like it. Its a well made tub. I have the sand color shell and redwood skirt. The shell is textured and not very slippery. It stays very clean and looks great. I like the look of the the light color shell with the led's, but not sure abouthow slippery it would be.

Were were worried about how slippery the "Platinum" shell was too. I think it looks the best, but we are seriously considering the "Sahara" shell. It is textured like the "Sand" but it is a lighter shade.

• 3 weeks later...

We just looked at a bunch of tubs and decided on the Maax 7500. Features and warranty for the price were the deciding factor.

The finish was desert as we like the tetxured better than smooth.

The neck jets and ability to sit comfortably up on the top of the hot tub were big selling points for us.

The Maax 480 is like bigger version of the 7500. If I remember they asked $8500+ for the tub so we didn't even consider it.

I did sit in a Monarque and felt the foot dome wasn't comfortable (6'1").

The foot dome in the Jacuzzi was less obtrusive and would have been acceptable.

We did look at a bunch of manufacturers with local dealers before deciding on the Maax and Jacuzzi was the runner up for our price point.

Of course the real test will be after it's installed for a few weeks, I won't be able to give that update until October.

I like my Jacuuzi J-280. Although they offer the 5 year warranty, when some of my LEDs went out and there is a rust stain under the waterfall, the company rep told my "Accessories aren't covered under the 5 year warranty". I am more pissed that every piece of metal contacting water isn't stainless steel?

I like my Jacuuzi J-280. Although they offer the 5 year warranty, when some of my LEDs went out and there is a rust stain under the waterfall, the company rep told my "Accessories aren't covered under the 5 year warranty". I am more pissed that every piece of metal contacting water isn't stainless steel?

On the 300 series and up it is... Or plastic. One of the reasons I settled on the J345.

Just what I learned about Maax and Vita spas:

Maax makes Maax Spas, Vita Spas and Elite Spas - and for this year offer their version of ClearRay/UVC-ozone...CleanZone II, I think....if one is married to the whole UVC gizmo. Vita and Elite look identical other than model names, the brochures are identical. Long story posted elsewhere but we started with a trip to wet-test that Coast Spa corner infinity model and a huge Artesian ...but on the way to that dealer we were enticed to another store to dry-sit in a Jacuzzi 400 series, but once that salesguy asked us to dry-sit in a Elite 5600 (aka Vita Envie) we fell in love and perhaps stupidly bought it without a wet test (I have specific and difficult seating needs). The price was outstanding, included every option, and the factory took 3 weeks to get it to our retailer. It arrives at the house in two days, so I have nothing useful on how it does its job. We have a big Maax air-jet tub in our master bath, so if the spa is as reliable as the tub, I'll be happy enough (assuming my no-wet-test gamble pays off).

• 5 months later...

I'd recommend Maax.. I think that Maax gives you more value for your money. Maax spas have a lifetime warranty on the steel frame, and they can be taken apart and put back together to factory specifications if they need maintenance. This wasn’t possible with my old Jacuzzi tub—it was taken apart and damaged in the process. They also have the best jets – their 50 zone therapy jets target everywhere that’s sore -even your feet.

As I said before, Haha.

Chevrolet and Ford make great cars. (I'm biased, my father was a UAW worker, and my wife's father was a designer for Ford).

The Jacuzzi would be like a Cadillac or a Lincoln, and the Maax would be like a Kia.

Jacuzzi is one of the best brands you can buy, you will not be disappointed with it. And seeing as it's the cheapest, I'd go with it. Remember, jet count isn't everything, and think of it this way, when you have a leak, would you rather have 27 possible places, or 62? The companies won't tell you, but one day you WILL have a leak, whether it's a pump seal, or a jet fitting, it's gonna happen. I will warn you that my relatives have a 10 year old Vita at their lake house that has has major leaks, and electrical issues.

I concur, altho my favorite spa manufacturer is Marquis, I would take a Jacuzzi any day over anything from Canada.

Like Canada? Buy their beer.

Looks do not equal quality.

High pressure is cheap and easy to produce, high flow is not.

Bad water chemistry can rust even stainless.