Sundance Cameo Vs Limelight Flair Vs Caldera Martinique

Newbie36

hey guys. i am trying to narrow my search for my first tub. i am basically looking for a 5-6 person tub. i think i want a lounge. my budget is $7k -$8k. a reliable, reputable brand is a must. energy efficiency is important. strong jets (i prefer a powerful massage over a gentle one) would be nice. i am putting a lot of stock in warranty and dealer. based on what ive read so far i think i will want an ozonator (im all for anything that makes water upkeep easier). i've done some preliminary research on the above referenced models. i was hoping to get your thoughts. how do these stack up in general? how do they stack up head-to-head? what would you recommend, and why? are there any other models i should be looking at? i'd appreciate as much feedback from as many of you as possible.

thanks!

Even though I may be a bit biased I don't think there is anything anyone can say negatively about any of those tubs. They're all good selling tubs from good manufacturers and you'd do well if you ended up with any of those 3. Therefore IMO it really needs to come down to what you think of each one personally as you test it and of course any differences in dealers though hopefully all 3 of them are good in your eyes as well. The Hot Spring and Caldera both use higher density insulating material so if you go with the Sundance I'd suggest you get their optional EcoWrap extra insulation package to match the other 2.

We wet tested the Cameo today. I would give it an 8 and wife probably a 9. However it was Our first wet test. My notes:

you float a little in lounge

hand jets are worthless

foot jets are ok

controls confusing (i'm sure it will take more than a one hour test drive to figure out)

good power

good ergonomics