Help With Spa Selection

sparific

Will be My first spa and I'm in New England, use: mostly for wellness therapy for wife and myself, occasional kids or another couple. I started with a 8k budget but came to realize that may be low based on the fact that the more comfortable and therapeutic it is the more I will want to use it.

1] I am looking at a Bullfrog 662, I like the custom seating, potential efficiency and power savings, upright lounge position, non-wood or metal frame and tray. Not crazy about the basic foot massage set up, and the price (quoted about 11k).

2] Looking at a Sundance Cameo... seems to be a good all round tub, price is around $8900

3] Considering a La-z-boy Dream but kinda tight for 4 adults ($9200)

4] Also Limelight Flair, although does not have therapy the others seem to have(no shoulder jets). $7600. None of the other Hotsprings look like a match for us.

Could not get our first choice D1 to work for us nor Caldera or Jacuzzi. Marquis seems too expensive.

Trying to weigh the therapy (lounge, foot massage, neck and shoulders, ergonomics, energy usage, quality). All the dealers are fine.

Thanks in advance for your input and time

Will be My first spa and I'm in New England, use: mostly for wellness therapy for wife and myself, occasional kids or another couple. I started with a 8k budget but came to realize that may be low based on the fact that the more comfortable and therapeutic it is the more I will want to use it. 1] I am looking at a Bullfrog 662, I like the custom seating, potential efficiency and power savings, upright lounge position, non-wood or metal frame and tray. Not crazy about the basic foot massage set up, and the price (quoted about 11k). 2] Looking at a Sundance Cameo... seems to be a good all round tub, price is around $8900 3] Considering a La-z-boy Dream but kinda tight for 4 adults ($9200) 4] Also Limelight Flair, although does not have therapy the others seem to have(no shoulder jets). $7600. None of the other Hotsprings look like a match for us. Could not get our first choice D1 to work for us nor Caldera or Jacuzzi. Marquis seems too expensive. Trying to weigh the therapy (lounge, foot massage, neck and shoulders, ergonomics, energy usage, quality). All the dealers are fine. Thanks in advance for your input and time

Find a dealer you are comfortable with and forget about all the nonsence regarding metal versus wood frame, custom seating and the like. All the quality brands, which you seem to be looking at will be close to the same in energy effeciency. And first and foremost wet test to see if it is the right fit for you. Hot Springs, D1, Marquis, Sundance, Caldera and Jacuzzi would be on my list. The others not so much.

When you talk about "weighing the therapy", do you mean you are wet testing or are you just looking at it dry and deciding what looks like its going to feel good? Hopefully you are wet testing because if you buy on what "looks right" therapy wise you're missing the point.

1) Power savings? They have no power savings over others; if they're telling you that I’d ignore it. Get this brand if you like it best and it wet tests well and the higher price isn't an issue but all that talk of frames and their seating gimmick is just salesmanship (IMO).

2) Good spa if the wet test goes well.

3) I'd buy #2 or #4 before this even if they were the same price but since its higher...

4) Good spa if the wet test goes well.

I have polled everyone and would say 60-70% of the people like the lounge. I think some of the new lounges are more like upright seating. This may make a difference. I think the problem with older designs is that people would float too easy in a flat type lounge. ?????? Still in search of answers