Hayward Automation Clarification Product Comparison

Hayward has a good track record for their salt chlorinators, Pentair had problems but it has been reported they worked them out. Jandy is owned by Zodiac. My personal preference is to stay away. I am not sure what you mean by clarification units. If you mean filters that is a different thing altogether. You have to specify if you mean sand, cartridge, or diatomaceous earth (DE) filters.

As far as pool automation goes, Hayward is excellent, Pentair is excellent, Jandy will only work with their own brand of SWCG so that sort of says it right there about Jandy.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm a new pool owner and have been told that there are 2 ways to change a pool to salt water, from chlorine. An example is using a basic Hayward Aqua Rite system and then I guess there is a more costly, automation system that has more features. Do you know what I'm talking about, by chance? Either way, I think I'm sticking with Hayward purely because of the good feedback I've gotten from the company.

Pool automation and SWCGs are two different things. Automation systems control valves, lights, heaters, cleaners, water features, or even ceiling fans, landscape lighting, or sound systems and TVs and often include a SWCG optons (such as the Hayward/Goldline Auqualogic units or can control a separate SWCG. Automation systems are a good idea if you have a pool/spa combo since it automates setting the valves for pool or spa operation. If you have a basic pool without a heater then perhaps a basic SWCG is all you need. Some of the fancier ones (such as the Pool Pilot Digital by Autopilot or the Hayward Sense and Dispense) include some very basic automation features such as a built in pump timeclock or pH/ORP controllers--which make running a SWCG more complicated, IMHO.) However, they still do not have all the features of a full automation system like the Aqualogic or the Pool Pilot Commander automation systems.

On my own pool/spa combo I have a Hayward/Goldline Aqualogic PS-8 with a T-15 cell that controls my pool/spa/spillover, heatpump, pool cleaner, water features (deck jets and lioghted spillover fountains). color changing pool light,color changing spa light, fiber optics illuminator and color wheel for the water feature lighting, 2 speed pump, and spa blower. I have the main controller mounted near the pool, have in indoor control pad so I can turn things on and make adjustments such as heating the spa without going out to the pool and 2 wireless remotes (one waterproof).

Aquariite is just a SWCG, Aqualogic is full automation with SWCG control built in (all that is needed is the appropriately sized Hayward salt cell for your pool size) and will need professional installation to retrofit on your pool. I would contact a local dealer/installer for pricing info since there are many options and confiurations to the automation systems so there is a range of prices but a full automation system is going to cost more than just a SWCG.