Wavemaster 7000 (Ver 3)

Sergio

Hello,

My spa sat empty for some time, 6 mos. approximately, and am now selling it to a friend. I filled it up to make sure eveything was still working fine and noticed water leaking from the wet end cover (held in place by 6-8 screws). From my research there is the volute o-ring and am wondering if that is all I have to replace? Does the jet pump have to be completely removed or can the o-ring be replaced while the jet pump is still mounted within the spa?

Thank you for any tips

Serg

That's usually a shaft seal leak- a little more trouble to replace than the volute O-ring. The water drips down from the shaft, and will drip at the bottom of the volute cover.

If you can reach, feel under the shaft, on the wet end, to see if that's how the water is escaping onto the volute cover.

Yes, there is a volute O-ring, but it rarely is the cause of leak, and rarely needs replacement. Shaft seal leaks, however, are common.

The pig is right: it may be the shaft seal. You should run the pump and see if water is being flung from the motor shaft area between the pump and the motor. If so, you need to tear it all down and put a new seal and all new o-rings. Consider a 'wet end' replacement: gives you all new parts.

If you are sure it's not leaking at the seal, try the o-ring. You can certainly replace the volute o-ring in some spas very easily. It depends on whether or not there is room to work. For the cost of an oring and the time it takes, I would try. I have often had orings leak after sitting dry for some time - some will reseat and be fine with time and temperature (small minority) others will need replacing. Still others will leak even after the new o-ring is in place because the plastic pump housing has warped. The only answer is a wet-end replacement.

B)