Sundance Cameo Ozonator

G'day.. I have a 5 year old Sundance Cameo. The ozonator is tripping the GFI, so I assume that, and it's age, is meaning that it is toast. It is a Spa Necessities 40765. Is there an online parts store that I can purchase a replacement? I have googled it, but can't come up with the exact match. Can it be replaced with a different model of ozonator? The dealer is telling me there is a next generation ultra violet lite system for $900.00 that is even better than ozone, but is sounds pretty pricey to me. Any suggestions?

thanks

I would stick with Corona Discharge - and yes, you should be able to replace it with another brand. I am a Del dealer, and I think they offer international voltages.

You can find them on line in various places - perhaps even a local dealer may exist, Canada IS advancing, slowly, in that regard... :lol: :lol: ...seriously, be sure to order the type of unit you need for your local power.

This one is less than $75 in the US -

CDS-16_med_225px.png

HTH

B)

I love ozone on a chlorine spa. Arches2 is correct in that you don't NEED it, but it is one of the few add-ons which I really like: on the right tub it puts ozone into the water 24-7 and that drastically reduces the amount of chlorine you need. Combined with a Nature2 stick and MPS ("Shock:) you can soak chlorine-free, with a once-a-month chlorine shock to keep things just right.

For $100 (less in many cases) it's not a bad option. You should have a continuous circulation pump, and a tub which is designed to receive a unit: those tubs will have an outlet to plug in the power cord and a place in the plumbing to put the injector. They will also have some way to extend the exposure between the ozone and the spa water to minimize off-gassing.

The OP is asking about his 5-year-old Sundance which had a unit, so it would be a safe assumption that all of those items are in place.

B)

I would stick with Corona Discharge - and yes, you should be able to replace it with another brand. I am a Del dealer, and I think they offer international voltages.

You can find them on line in various places - perhaps even a local dealer may exist, Canada IS advancing, slowly, in that regard... :lol: :lol: ...seriously, be sure to order the type of unit you need for your local power.

HTH

B)

Yes Chas, DEL ozonators are available in the "Great White North"!!!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.hottubess...-Ozonators.html

http://www.delozonespa.com/where-to-buy/canada.php

I swapped my "Factory" unit for a DEL when it crapped out last year

Good to hear! (you hoser) :lol:

B)

G'day.. I have a 5 year old Sundance Cameo. The ozonator is tripping the GFI, so I assume that, and it's age, is meaning that it is toast. It is a Spa Necessities 40765. Is there an online parts store that I can purchase a replacement? I have googled it, but can't come up with the exact match. Can it be replaced with a different model of ozonator? The dealer is telling me there is a next generation ultra violet lite system for $900.00 that is even better than ozone, but is sounds pretty pricey to me. Any suggestions?

I would say deja vu, but I feel as if somebody already has...

B)

I swapped my "Factory" unit for a DEL when it crapped out last year
How did you know when the unit went bad?

The simplest method of verifying that ozone is being generated is by using your nose. Ozone has a very distinct smell and every time you remove the spa cover you will get a distinct "Wiff" of ozone. CD units have a life expectancy of only 1-2 years in continuous use. This is another advantage of the Del units, they have replaceable chips and there's a window so you can verify the purple "Glow" of the chip. Del also has a new unit that is guaranteed for 5 years continuous use

**NOTE** the presence of "bubbles" in the return line does NOT verify that the ozonator is working!! The system will draw air into the injector regardless if the ozonator is working or not

Ozone is pretty much worthless and is more show than dog. Disconnect it and use the spa without it. If you want to replace it, one can go online and pretty much buy a universal.

I always get a kick out of dealers charging an unbelievable amount for a $75 unit that takes 5 minutes to install these days.