2004? Hot Spot Slx

Model YQ 120V

A buddy gave me this hot tub, and everything works great but the heater. I have checked for voltage at the heater and nothing. I have also tried jumping the pressure switch and nothing. All the fuses seem to be good. Is there anything else that I can check? Everything appears to be working but the heat.

That reading tells me the heating element is fine.

There is a ten-minute time-delay on that unit which catches a lot of technicians off guard. You turn the jets on high, then turn them off - then WAIT ten minutes or so and the low-speed will click on. Wait ANOTHER couple of minutes, and THEN put your meter to the heater.

HTH

B)

Simple: disconnect the pressure switch, then fire up the unit. Put an ohm meter on the switch itself - should be open with pump off and closed with pump on low speed.

B)

Do you have a cover? How long are you giving it to heat? With a cover, you'll gain about a degree or two/hour. Without a cover, it won't get hot.

I would certainly check the pressure switch as has already been suggested.

Does it have digital controls, or a dial for the thermostat?

It has digtal controls. The pressure swicth is open with jets off and closed whe jets are on low. I'm getting no power to the heating element. The cover is on it. If i'm not getting power to the element, then I doubt its going to heat. I'm guessing I might have a bad relay on the board maybe?

Agreed.

B)